Cannabis-Themed Cookie Cutters
The perfect way to shape your baked goods? Cannabis-inspired cookie cutters, of course. Check out a few of our favorites for inspiration:Marijuana Leaf Cookie Cutter — It’s classic but incontrovertibly iconic, and the clearest indicator of what’s in the cookie jar.Stash Jar Cookie Cutter — Okay, it’s technically sold as a Mason jar cookie cutter, but we think it could go either way.Legal State Cookie Cutters — Celebrate legalization, or exciting steps in that direction (such as California’s latest news) with state-shaped cookie cutters.B-A-K-E-D Cookie Cutters — Sure, you can spell out anything you want with alphabet cookie cutters, but words with double meanings are more fun.
Recipe for Cannabis-Infused Sugar Cookies
Start to finish: 45 minutesYield: 24 cookiesApproximate dosage: 10mg THC per cookieIngredients2 ½ cups flour, plus more for rolling1 cup sugar1 cup of 240mg cannabutter*1 egg1 teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon vanilla1 teaspoon saltOptional: Powdered sugar and milk, for frosting*For less potent cookies, switch out any portion of the cannabutter and replace with standard butter as desired.
- Beat cannabutter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to cannabutter mixture a little at a time, stirring until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough on a generously floured surface to approximately ⅓” thick. Cut cookies (see below for thematic cookie cutter suggestions) and transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
To frost: Combine powdered sugar with milk and stir until desired consistency is reached, then add food coloring as desired. If you like, add a teaspoon or two of cannabutter to thicken the frosting and add an extra kick of potency.Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.