If you're like us, the holiday stress is already beginning. With family gathering for Thanksgiving, you may need something to help you take the edge off. Although you've got your stash of beautiful GrassRootsgrown buds AND you're a grown adult who has been given a prescription by a medical professional , your Aunt Irene has a nose like a K9-Unit and you just don't want to have that conversation on today of all days. Obviously, we can relate here at GrassrootsRX and we've got the perfect solution...
Pecan Pie Cannabis Truffles!
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 bhang medical cannabis chocolate bar
- ¼ tsp. coconut oil
- Extra sea salt and/or chopped pecans for sprinkling on top
- Place pecans, dates, vanilla and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process until mixture resembles coarse sand and sticks together when pinched between two fingers. If mixture is too dry, add a few drop of water and process again. If mixture is too sticky, add a few more pecans and process again.
- Roll nut mixture into 12 balls (about 1 tablespoon of mixture each). Place on a plate.
- Melt chocolate bar in a small bowl in the microwave (or set over a pan over simmering water to simulate a double boiler) - 5-10 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until glossy and smooth. You do not want your cannabis chocolate to reach over 280 degrees (chocolate melts between 86 and 90 degrees.)
- Use a spoon to drizzle each truffle with the melted chocolate.
- Bonus points if you add a sucker stick, wrap them in cellophane and store them in the freezer for a quick pick me up later!